Premium Childbirth Education Program
HypnoBirthing™ Focuses On Gentle, Calm, and Natural Childbirth
If you are an expectant parent looking to take a HypnoBirthing® class, then you’re at the right spot. There are HypnoBirthing® instructors all around the world and we have organized them into an easy-to-use database so you can find a Gold Seal Certified childbirth instructor in your area.
HypnoBirthing™ classes are taught around the world by people who have studied with the HypnoBirthing™ Institute and connected with the teachings of Marie Mongan. Many practitioners have actually studied with Marie herself!
We provide a database of professionals that teach our curriculum and many of them also list their upcoming course dates here as well. To explore your local options, find an instructor in your area, contact her or him, and see when the next class is taking place.
Or, keep scrolling to learn more about our HypnoBirthing™ Classes for Parents who strive for gentle, calm, and natural childbirth.
Stages of labor
Relaxation / self hypnosis
Nutrition for pregnancy, birth & breastfeeding
Support techniques for dad / partner
The physiology of instinctive birth
Natural induction methods
Comfort measures for labor & birth
The 4th trimester & infant feeding
Special circumstances & medical intervention
Massage for reducing or eliminating pain
Working with birth hormones
Positions & movement for labor & birth
Pre & perinatal bonding
Advocating for your birth choices
Why Choose a HypnoBirthing Course?
HypnoBirthing® is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free birth.
This amazing program teaches you, along with your birth partner, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner.
You will learn how to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant, and therefore lessen, or eliminate, discomfort and the need for medical intervention.
When you are properly prepared for childbirth and when the mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all other mothers in nature.
Through self-hypnosis and special breathing visualization techniques, HypnoBirthing teaches you to release fear and to trust your body’s ability to birth instinctively.
- Teaches you deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and pain
- Gives your partner or birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Teaches you and your birthing partner how to work alongside your birthing team to
achieve the birth you desire
- Shortens the first phase of labor by several hours
- Leave you feeling alert, fresh, and awake with energy during your labor
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby whatever turn their birthing takes
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches you breathing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing
- Allows you and your partner to approach birth and parenting informed and empowered
Data shows that HypnoBirthing parents have:
- Less Fear approaching birth
- Fewer interventions and surgical births
- Decreased use of oxytocics or AROM
- Shorter 1st and 2nd phase labor
- Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
- Lessened or eliminated need for analgesia
- Happier and more content mothers & babies
- Babies alert; able to nurse almost immediately
- Few cases of post-partum depression reported
- Infants with higher than average APGAR score
~ Robin Lim
How do we do this?
We provide parents with…
- Everything you need to know to achieve a safer, easier and more comfortable birth.
- Guidance on the role of your birth partner in supporting and advocating for you and the baby.
- What’s gone wrong with labor as we know it, why and how to overcome it.
- What the Fear-Tension-Pain syndrome is, how to avoid it and reduce pain.
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis to eliminate fear and tension through pregnancy and birth.
- Techniques of deep relaxation, massage and visualization during labor.
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture, and birth with ease and comfort.
- How to greatly reduce the need for drugs and other interventions.
- How to create your body’s own natural pain relief.
- Natural ways to stimulate labor without chemical induction.
- The importance of bonding before and after the birth of your baby.
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to avoid hard physical pushing and tearing.
- A toolbox of techniques that will not only change your birth, but will also change your life.
Find a HypnoBirthing Class
Search Certified Educators
Birth Services Directory
Over the course of 5 weeks, your instructor will lead you through exercises to identify & release your fears regarding birthing and replace those fears with instinctive knowledge, and confidence.
- Unit 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
- Unit 2: Falling in Love With Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
- Unit 3: Advanced Visualization & Deepening
- Unit 4: Overview of Childbirth, A Labour of Love
- Unit 5: Birthing: The Final Act, Bonding & Preparing for the 4th Trimester
The Six Techniques of HypnoBirthing
This program utilizes 6 techniques to help parents prepare for a positive birth experience. These include:
- Self Hypnosis / Deepenings
Each of these 6 techniques will be implemented throughout the 5-week course.
Allow Pregnancy to Make Your Bond Tighter
HypnoBirthing classes are the perfect place to tap into the beautiful bond between you and your partner. Our exercises will help build confidence between both parties; in the partner’s ability to provide support and the birthing person’s feeling of being supported.
These classes also provide time for parents to bond with their baby, and build positive excitement for the upcoming birth. This positivity and bonding will play into the birthing experience, where the baby is an active participant.
TRUST the Gold Seal of Quality…
The gold HypnoBirthing emblem is a sign of both credibility and professionalism for Educators internationally. This emblem is only given to those Educators who have pushed themselves to successfully complete the extensive HypnoBirthing certification classes and training.